Sunday, May 6, 2012

Things I'm Afraid to Tell You


A lot of bloggers are participating in this theme for a post this weekend and I thought it was really cool and interesting. I applaud their honesty and creativity.  The original idea comes from a blog called
 "Make Under My Life".
So Here are some Things I am afraid to tell you:)

  • I have no idea how much money is in our savings account, it could be $3,000 or $30,000, seriously, not a clue.  The really sad part is that I'm not even sure what bank the money is in but I'm pretty sure it's in a different one than my regular checking.  Oh, and I really don't even care...
  • I don't ever want to be good at cleaning.  One of my biggest goals in life is to make enough money to hire a cleaning lady and tip her really generously for her birthday and Christmas. And what I'm really afraid to tell you is that I have taken a muscle relaxer just to clean my boys bathroom.  But yes, it is that gross.
  • If I don't hold another baby again for 3 years I'll be o.k. with that.  I am still traumatized from having my own children, (my youngest is 4) the thought of holding someone elses overwhelms me.  Sometimes just looking at another baby stresses me out.
  • I take 1 sometimes 2 naps a day.
  • I haven't finished a book in over a year. They are too LONG!  I read 3-5 news magazines a week and I get impatient with books for not getting to the point. A magazine article can do it in 4 paragraphs, why does a book need 400 pages?!?!? It's a problem I know.  And not one that I'll ever share with my kids.
  • I am painfully insecure about how people see me. My hair looks AMAZING in the morning at the gym(because I sleep with it twited in a bun so when I wake up it is perfectly curled and full of body.) and I feel like the other women are judging me for it, thinking "she gets up early and does her hair to go to the gym" 
  • I am insecure about the way I look, the way my house looks and the way my kids look, I'm not sure I measure up the the general population.
  • 99% of the time, after I leave a lunch or something with my friends or family I think to myself "probably shouldn't have said that".

3 comments:

JAG said...

if you probably shouldn't have said that..... i probably wanted to hear it :)

i also love a good nap.

Jennifer said...

I hear you on not wanting to be good at cleaning. Actually, for me it's not so much not wanting to be good at it as that I just never want to waste my time doing it. I'd rather be productive. I LOVE the "took a muscle relaxer" to clean the boys' bathroom. That is the funniest thing ever, and I'm seriously thinking I should try the same thing. I am the same way about babies, and having my own was really traumatic for me also. I always feel guilty about that--it seems like I'm supposed to feel like, "This is what I was born to do! It all comes naturally to me!" Mmmmm, not s'much. I can't even BELIEVE you're insecure about the way you look. WHAT?! How could YOU possibly be insecure about the way you look?!? And, BTW, the older I get, the more I realize the general population doesn't even measure up to the general population. :) Great post to read! Thanks!

Maren said...

Hey babe, just read your post. YOu have nothing to be insecure about. the sad thing is that we so often think others are judging when really they are worried about you judging them. this post may not make any sense since I just took and ambien so I can clean the cat boxes. seriously its the only time I can tolerate it and when in the morning they are clean and I don't remember doing it? love that.
trying to second guess what you have said and done is a very painful way to live believe me. your life is between you and lord and no other. You are loved and appreciated.and for heavens sake you hair is always amazing.