Sunday, September 19, 2010
But I love Sunday nights. They are all the same. I do a lot of prep work for the coming week, I cut my breakfast fruit, boil my eggs, and make cookies for the kids. During the holidays it gets more fun, we watch a Christmas movie and do all this. I also love T.G.I Mondays. After the mad rush of Monday morning, after the bus has gone, we have a quiet Monday morning.
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
What they did say- It will take you a year to recover, tell someone if you start to experience symptoms of depression, call us if you have lots of fevers.
What I wish they would have said: It will take you almost 2 years to recover, the first 2 months you won't know what hit you.
I wish they would have said: You did some bad things that you felt guilty for in your 20's but nothing can prepare you for the guilt you are about to experience. You'll feel guilty for not holding your baby for 2 months, and for neglecting your older kids for the next 4 months. You'll feel guilty for resenting your friends and sisters for being a better Mom than you. You'll feel guilty that you are a 30 year old woman and your Mom has to come over and help clean your house. Why didn't the nurses and doctors tell me about all the guilt!?!? Do they not train them for that in nursing and medical school huh, huh?
I wish they would have said: You don't need to go back to the gym 5 days a week 2 months
post-op. You don't. No, Seriously, Don't. It will probably do more damage than good.
I wish they would have said: Don't worry about the scar, no one cares about it, you won't be able to remember what you look like without it, and you won't even see it any more after a year.
I wish they would have said: Now you get 2 birthdays! Your actual one and the one on the date that they stopped your heart and breathing for 4 hours. Celebrate them both by buying yourself something pretty.
Sunday, September 12, 2010
By the way, we went to our favorite farm this Saturday and I let the kids run around a bit. I think it is important that my kids see that food grows on trees, it does not come from boxes with SpongeBob on them.
1. Find a decent recipe and make Pumpkin Soup.
- In fact I'll take it one step further, have a pumpkin soup tasting party where we taste test pumpkin soup recipes, find the most outstanding one, make a huge pot every other Sunday night and have a cup every day for lunch until Thanksgiving.
2. Re-do my fireplace. It has bugged me since we moved in. It needs to be re tiled and repainted. Auri isn't even in the photo that hangs above it.
3. Visit St. Cupcake, Cupcake Jones, and Sprinkles and see which is best.
4. Get a Washington State Drivers License. I have lived here 4 years. It's time.
5. Make a fall play list.
6. Update all the photos in the house, Auri is less than 3 months in all of them.
7. Re-paint my bedroom. I am tired of green and this past spring I got new bedding, I want the walls to go with it.
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
And this is my fun happy beautiful child this summer!
She is so much more fun to hang out with.
But this is what we did this summer, we cooked out little hearts out. We made dozens and dozens of cookies, literally, I got to the point where I would stop putting the cookie sheets away after I washed them, I'd just set them out to dry knowing I'd use them tomorrow.
Wednesday, September 1, 2010
Yesterday, the day before school I was singing: "Tomorrow, tomorrow I love ya tomorrow, you're only a day away!!!"
When my kinds were all off I was singing "ding dong the witch is dead the wicked witch the wicked witch is dead!" not that my kids are witches, but the boredom that they go through is and that constant need to entertain them is.
Then all day today in my silent, clean house I have been singing :"It's the most wonderful time of the year" and "And Mom and Dad can hardly wait for school to start again"