Saturday, April 23, 2011

The best thing my Mom ever gave me

When I was growing up I always felt jipped because we had such a big family, (5 kids total) and most of my friends only had one other sister or brother that was way older and they never had to share any of their stuff and they rarely fought with that sibling. And to be completely honest, Holly, Kiran and I didn't get along all that well when we were kids, but now.... they are undoubtedly my closest friends and the best thing my Mom ever gave me.
Last week I went to visit Kiran in Arizona and we had a blast. I love her, her beautiful daughters, and her lovely home We had a great time, it is hard to imagine that I was once bitter that my Mom had "too many kids" and it gives me great hope that my boys will become great friends one day..... Someday.

My stunning sister.
This is the night I got home, I brought the kids toys and treats, they were so happy to see me and all the candy Kiran and I picked out for them.















I baked cookies and brownies with Kiran's kids. We had a lot of fun in the kitchen.









My favorite time of the day, pool time!



4 comments:

Becky said...

This is exactly what I keep telling myself everytime I think about how much I hate pregnancy. I LOVE my sisters.

JAG said...

Agreed!!! although, i do love the ring she gave me of grandfields too :) just kidding. it's only a close second.

Jennifer said...

Fantastic post. I'm glad you had fun, but what a great way to think of it--"the best thing my mom ever gave me." I love my sister, too!

Kiran said...

i updated my blog too, your post as usual was way better! i had such a great time!!! we must do that again soon...